Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A New License Plate for Rhode Island

For quite some time now, I have been thinking of a way for Rhode Island to make some money while better synchronizing its name and designation as the Ocean State with its economic realities and the way things are done here. After great deliberation, I came up with my idea: a new license plate for Rhode Island. Like anything that can generate revenue in this state, a few changes will have to be made -- in this case changing our state's name from Rhode Island and Providence Plantations to something much shorter that reflects our fundamental approach to the statewide fiscal "status quo." Then, using this as "cause," I suggest changing our designation from the Ocean State to something that is the "effect" of the way we do things here. Here's what I came up with (click to enlarge this):


Note that I was able to preserve the wave on the license plate, but I changed its color to red reflecting how Rhode Island is drowning in the debt it has amassed over decades of questionable management.

No comments:

Post a Comment