Monday, June 20, 2011

Media Appearances -- June 2011

Over  the last week, I have been on the radio discussing Rhode Island's pension crisis and the recently released budget for FY2012.  My discussion on the pension crisis was on WPRO with Buddy Cianci last Thursday (June 16). During that interview, we discussed my article in The Providence Journal dealing with my assessment of our state's pension crisis and my frustration at the lack of action by our state's leaders. On Monday (June 20), I was interviewed by Helen Glover on WHJJ about the newly proposed state budget. As I stated to Helen, I have a strange feeling that the projected deficit that the legislature is working with is too low and that the budget proposed at the end of last week will lead to yet another "January Surprise." Only time will tell if I am correct on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment